- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 lbs of Roseda Beef Stew Cubes
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and cut
- 1 white onion, cut into large chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 12 oz. Irish stout beer
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Toss beef cubes in flour to coat, then fry in the hot oil until browned.
- Place the cut carrots, potatoes, onion and garlic in a large slow cooker.
- Place the meat on top of the vegetables.
- Mix together the beef broth and tomato paste and pour into the slow cooker along with the beer.
- Cover and cook on Medium for about seven hours.
- During the last hour before serving, dissolve the cornstarch in cold water and then stir into the broth.
- Simmer on the High setting for a few minutes to thicken.