- 2 (1-inch-thick) Roseda boneless rib-eye steaks (2 pounds total)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup water * 1 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 3 pieces
- Salt and pepper Pat steaks dry, then sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over high heat, then sauté steaks, turning once, about 7 minutes for medium-rare.
- Transfer to a large plate and cover with foil. Pour off fat from skillet, then sauté garlic in remaining tablespoon oil over medium-high heat until pale golden, about 30 seconds.
- Add wine and boil, stirring and scraping up brown bits, until reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
- Add water, soy sauce, and boil until it’s reduced by half, about 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and whisk in butter, 1 piece at a time, until slightly thickened.