- 1/2 c. reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 c. low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 T minced fresh chives
- 2 T prepared horseradish
- 1 (2.5 lbs) Roseda center-cut beef tenderloin
- 1/3 c. finely chopped shallots
- 1/3 c. cognac
- 1/3 c. water
- 2 T minced fresh tarragon
- 2 t chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 t freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 t kosher salt
- Cooking spray
- Sandwich rolls, cut in half horizontally
- To prepare cream, combine first 4 ingredients. Cover and chill.
- To prepare tenderloin, secure tenderloin at 1-inch intervals with twine. Combine tenderloin, shallots, and the next 6 ingredients (through garlic) in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal. Shake to coat tenderloin evenly with cognac mixture. Marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Remove tenderloin from bag; discard marinade. Sprinkle tenderloin evenly with salt. Place tenderloin in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 450° for 40 minutes or until medium-rare or desired degree of doneness.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Cut tenderloin crosswise into thin slices.
- Spread 1 1/2 teaspoons cream on bottom half of each roll; top each roll with about 1 ounce beef and top half of roll.
Recipe from My Recipes