- 1 lb Beef, tenderloin or flank steak
- 8 oz Baby Arugula, large stems removed
- 4 oz Parmesan
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Heat up a small skillet with a tablespoon of oil. Sear the beef on all sides. You want the outside of the beef to brown, but the inside should remain rare.*
- Place the beef on a plate and put in the freezer for 15 minutes. This will make it easier to slice.
- Slice the chilled beef as thin as possible against the grain.
- On chilled plates, place a small handful of arugula in the center.
- Top the arugula with slices of beef.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave some Parmesan over the beef.
- Drizzle a teaspoon or so of balsamic vinegar over the whole thing and serve.
*Warning: This is a recipe for the brave at heart and gut, because the meat is not fully cooked.
Recipe from About.com