More Back to School Meal Ideas! This one is adapted from Rachel Ray!
- 4 small flatiron steaks
- Vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. ancho
- 1 tsp. salt and pepper
- 2 small ripe avocados, flesh scooped from the skin
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 jalapeño chile pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 tomatillos, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- Sprinkle sugar
- A generous sprinkle sea salt
- A small handful cilantro leaves
- A small handful fresh mint leaves
- A few sprigs thyme
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inch)
- All-natural cooking spray
- Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan to medium-high. Rub the steaks with oil, the chile powder and salt & pepper.
- Grill the steaks, tented loosely with foil, turning once, for 15 minutes for medium-rare. Remove from the heat and let rest.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until almost smooth.
- Lightly spray the tortillas with cooking spray and char for a few seconds on each side on the grill or stovetop.
- To form each slider: Spread some sauce on each tortilla, top with very thinly sliced steak in an even layer and fold the tortilla into quarters.