- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 oz assorted wild mushrooms or button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pkg (5.6 to 6.6 oz) long grain and wild rice mix with seasonings (not quick cooking)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Brown ground beef with mushrooms in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is not pink.
2. Stir in rice, seasonings and tomatoes. Transfer to 2-qt baking dish. Stir in amount of water indicated on package plus 1/2 cup additional water.
3. Bake, covered, in 375°F oven 45 to 50 minutes or until water is absorbed. Top with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.