In July we had the opportunity to do a small grilling class at E.N OLIVIER at 1407 Clarkview Road in Baltimore. We did a short ribs that had been marinated in amazing barbecue sauce E.N Olivier supplied the sauce, a few tenderloins and the Roseda Steak burgers . The item that we were asked about most on this particular outing was the salt encrusted tenderloin that we grilled. Liz from E.N Olivier put together an assortment of gourmet salts ranging in coarsens but mostly on the larger size. We took a cheese cloth and dampened it with a little water and folded it done to fit the tenderloin. Spread the mixture of salts on the cloth about a 1/4 inch thick wrap the tenderloin up in this and tie it closed. When your coals are ready this goes directly on them. Just as pictured below.
Leave on the coals turning a few times till your desired temperature is met. For this one we did well done and it was on the coals for about 45 minutes. When it comes off the coals the cheese cloth will be burnt but the salt will have made a tasty crust around the tenderloin to enhance the flavor of the beef.
Salt Encrusted Tenderloin
And simply crack open the salt cast and enjoy the tenderloin.This can be done with a coarse sea salt that you can get at a grocery store and you can always add a few of your favorite herbs in with the salt. Enjoy!
Salt Encrusted Tenderloin
Lemon Thyme-Crusted Beef Rib Roast
- 1 6- to 8-pound rib roast, small end, chine (back) bone removed)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coarse grind black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine ingredients for lemon-thyme paste, and press evenly onto roast.
- Place roast, fat side up, in shallow roasting pan. Insert an ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat or touching bone. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 350°F oven for 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours for medium rare, or 2-3/4 to 3 hours for medium.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare or 150°F degrees for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes. (Internal temperature of roast will continue to rise about 10 degrees to reach 145°F for medium rare and 160°F for medium. Carve roast into slices. Makes about 8 servings.
The holidays are fast approaching, and its about that time of year again where you’ve probably started looking for gift giving ideas. Last year Roseda Beef was happy to provide companies and customers with great holiday gift packages.
This year, Roseda is continuing to offer special gift packages, but with even more convenience. Roseda has implemented an online redeeming process. Recipients of your holiday gifts will have an option to redeem their package by mail or by submitting an online form.
We believe that Roseda is a delicious, unique gift, enjoyed by those who have the opportunity to taste it. Based on your past experience with Roseda Beef, we would like to extend the opportunity to share a great gift with those closest to you.
If you are interested in sharing Roseda this holiday, please contact our office via phone 410-962-5530 or by emailing us at
firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to work with you again in sharing Roseda this holiday season.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, sliced thin, separated into rings
- 1 small green or red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 pkg (16 oz) thick prebaked pizza crust (12″)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 6 minutes. Add onion and bell pepper; cook until beef is not pink and vegetables are crisp-tender. Pour off drippings. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Place pizza crust on baking sheet. Top with beef mixture, then cheese. Bake in 400°F oven 8 to 10 minutes or until edge of crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
Happy Halloween! Just to humor you, here are some last minute beef costume ideas!
Grab a spatula and this crazy hat and go as Food Networks Guy Fieri
The Lady Gaga Meat Dress!
- 1 beef ribeye roast (4 to 6 lb)
- 2 Tbsp plus 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 Tbsp garlic-pepper seasoning
- 2 Tbsp minced shallot
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 tsp country Dijon-style mustard
- 1 Tbsp butter, softened
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Combine 2 Tbsp thyme and garlic-pepper seasoning; press onto beef roast.
2. Place roast, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 350°F oven 1-3/4 to 2 hours for medium rare; 2 to 2-1/2 hours for medium doneness.
3. Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Let stand 15 minutes. (Temperature will rise to 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
4. Skim fat from drippings. Combine drippings, shallot and 2 tsp thyme in medium saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until shallot is crisp-tender. Add wine and mustard; simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until sauce is reduced to 3/4 cup. Stir in butter; season with salt and pepper. Carve roast; season with salt. Serve with sauce.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 oz assorted wild mushrooms or button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pkg (5.6 to 6.6 oz) long grain and wild rice mix with seasonings (not quick cooking)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Brown ground beef with mushrooms in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is not pink.
2. Stir in rice, seasonings and tomatoes. Transfer to 2-qt baking dish. Stir in amount of water indicated on package plus 1/2 cup additional water.
3. Bake, covered, in 375°F oven 45 to 50 minutes or until water is absorbed. Top with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
TANGY BBQ BEEF SANDWICHES
- 1 boneless beef chuck pot roast (2-1/2 lb)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 can (14 to 14-1/2 oz) beef broth
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1-1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- Rolls, split
- Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot; brown beef pot roast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add broth and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
- Remove pot roast; cool slightly. Skim fat; reserve cooking liquid. Shred pot roast with 2 forks.
- Combine beef and barbecue sauce in saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, adding cooking liquid as needed to keep beef moist. Serve in rolls.